[Ansteorra] The Shore of Middleford (was Too many events?)

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 09:30:32 PDT 2002

Gilli,

Ansgar is right I was speaking of the past and wasn't attacking Middleford....

it was just my way of suggesting that you need to adjust the color control
on your television set...

Focusing on so many events per year is not always healthy for a group...
(I speak from experience here) and that if the group is expending so
much time and energy on doing things for other people (holding an event
is setting the stage for people from other groups to have their fun)

they burn their populace out

and chase away many people who see that to be part
of the group they would have to work as hard as they do
at their livelyhoods, people who would stay and contribute.

the people in the group need to have time to relax and get
to know each other in social as well as work settings...

In regard to the use of implosion and red headed step-child...

the terms weren't unfriendly or friendly...they were the most
genericly descriptive terms I could come up with at the time...

About 7 years ago Middleford was at a pre-implosion state...
you didn't recognize it then (which was part of the problem)
and you were puzzled when I talked to you about it a year ago...

As far as Red Headed Step Child -- I've heard you and several other
of the mainstays of Middleford gripe for YEARS about how your folks
don't get the recognition ya'll thought they should... even though
I saw many people from Middleford get awards and word fame...

As far as you remembering...I can't expect you to remember things
you did not recognize in the first place...

and if you don't remember it...as the saying goes...history repeats...

Lorraine DeerSlayer