[Ansteorra] Stolen (Borrowed?) Items

Rob rose onetruewolf at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 15:29:12 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Don't we think we are all being a bit touchy?  We all know that Pendaran
wasn't saying that stealing is ok.  Even if it was only beer.  I'm not saying
it's ok either.  So why don't we all sit back and calm down a second.
Stealing is a serious offense, one that i'm sure none of us would tolerate if
we saw it happening.  On a religious note, the SCA embraces all forms of
religeon.  This does not mean that you can perform any rite that would cause a
member of the SCA to participate in simply by observing. It has no bearing on
this, but i just thought i'd throw that in just for the sake of arguement.
Let's not turn beer stealing into a religeous crusade.  Someone stole some
beer from the lady, for that i have to say i am sorry for your misfortune.
Coming out here and announcing that you are a practicioner of the craft,
Wicca, buddhism, or a satanist has no bearing.  I thought the camel thing to
be highly out of place, so i made a joke out of it.  But let's be serious a
moment.  We all know that Pendaran would not advocate the stealing of another
person's propety.  Be it a Crown, or a beer.  So with that in mind, while his
reply may have been lacking in tact, so was mine, and so far so has everything
i have seen since, at least on this thread.  including my own statements.  Let
me put it plainly.  We don't advocate stealing.  We have no right to say
anything about a person's religeon whether we agree or disagree.  But let's
have a modicum of respect for those who do disagree.  And let's try to use a
little more tact.

At this time i don't think i would reccomend that any new person get on this
list.  Not with all of the bickering that goes on.

Ian Macleod