[Ansteorra] Re: Trolls and Dwarfs

J.G. Bretz b3zsgirl at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 10:51:41 PDT 2002

> Sorry, but I must have missed most of the conversation -- can someone tell
me the difference between a Troll and a Dwarf?
> Lord Magnus
> "Ace"

It depends on what culture you are speaking of and in what time period.  It
is my understanding that dwarves and trolls are originally part of Northern
European mythologies (Gunnora??).  As you go further along you see the
concept picked up in literature.  The troll under the bridge in an English
fairy tale, or the dwarf as it is used by Tolkein.  I have seen Dwarves as
little mystical men in French early medieval tales, so you can see it
through several cultures.
HL Biatrichi di Palermo
Seer to the nobility of since 1492

Non essiri duci sinno tu mancianu, non essiri amaru sinno ti futanu