[Ansteorra] Elfsea Mud I mean Springfair

AMBERD at flash.net AMBERD at flash.net
Mon Apr 8 14:27:54 PDT 2002

>While I agree that "gate" and "gatekeeper" are
>probably the historically accurate term, I really
>must protest these  efforts, to totally change
>various terminology of the Society to what is
>more "accurate".  Troll, Feastocrat, Autocrat, etc.
>were and are recognized throughout Society as
>what they are, the gate, the cook, etc.  And most
>important....they are FUN.

What is so "unfun" about Gate, Gatekeeper and Head
Cook?

I don't really find troll all that FUN.  You don't get
to actually "act" like a troll at gate.  Now if we got
to jump out from under bridges and scare people as
they came through the gate then I might think that was
FUN ;-)

Now as for the actual existence of trolls... while
Gunnora makes a very good case for their existence,
I'll have to side with Pendarian and ask to see one.

Okay, so there is a part of me that wonders if there
really are trolls and if all of the "gates" are really
just covers for their money laundering tendencies. ;-)

Amerinda