[Ansteorra] Proof of trolls?

Susan Wieland sgwieland at mmm.com
Tue Apr 9 07:13:00 PDT 2002

Chuck and Rhonda Leggett wrote:

> My, such compelling evidence of trolls in our own region! And in the company
> of Duke Kein. For some reason that picture brings to mind our own beloved
> Baron Pendaran!  The posture or clothing maybe, the coronet, the belt, or is
> it the chain? All of the above?  Was the troll so taken with HE Pendaran's
> appearance, he has taken to copying everything about him? As was stated, a
> picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I am now convinced of this
> evidence of the existence of such creatures and will henceforth leave cream
> and honey cakes for them as Mistress Gunnora has suggested,  in hopes of
> being in their good graces.

Well after seeing this picture, the following verse comes to mind.

There once was a Baron Pendaren
Who lost everything he was wearin'

Now we know how he lost it.  The troll stole all his clothes.
AACCCCkk!!!!  Horsewomen and horsemen of Bryn Gwlad!!!  We must ride
forth and vanquish said troll and return the clothing of our beloved
but, naked Baron. (no pun intended)

Damaris
( In a mood after riding last night)
--
--Ever notice that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, but
anyone  going faster is a maniac?--