[Ansteorra] Re: walking authentically

Alexandria Doyle dragonlair at wireweb.net
Wed Apr 10 10:18:50 PDT 2002

>From: "Harris Mark.S-rsve60" <Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com>
>Subject: RE: [Ansteorra] Elfsea Mud  I mean Springfair
>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:50:06 -0700
>
>Annes declared:
>> I love>> seeing folks like yourself and Pendaran who can actually pull>> off the whole>> extreamly authentic stuff.  Me...I can hardly walk>> authentically let alone make something like that.
>
>Now, about this walking authentically. Can you please detail
>for me how walking has changed in the last few hundred years?
>Although admittedly, we do a lot less of it these days than
>they did in medieval times.
>
>THLord Stefan li Rous
>stefan at texas.net

Actually it is believed that the way one would walk within the SCA period to modern day has changed.  If one considers that there weren't many heels of any kind on shoes and the surfaces we walk on are different, you can begin to percieve the way the differences could occur.   If one is wearing skirts that are near or on the ground then it really is a good thing to slow down as well.  All of this changes the way we walk, how our feet turn and so on.
Alex