[Ansteorra] SCA slang

Lou Burgin AMBERLEA at peoplepc.com
Fri Apr 12 07:51:40 PDT 2002

Greetings to the list,  I have watched this thread weave and become a very
intricate tapestry.  I agree with the person who pointed out that the SCA as
a group is one of the most tolerant collection of people I have ever seen.
We all have our own line of what is "acceptable" mundanity in the SCA.  I
have never thought (in 18 years) that the euphemisms were necessary, neither
were they offensive.  What I have noticed over the years is that eventually
the history wins.  Many new members join because it is like a D&D game, some
just for the beer.  But usually when they see what we really are, they
either go away or adapt.  I believe that most of us fall somewhere in the
middle between the "nazis" and the fantasy partiers.  We are here to have
fun and learn something at the same time.  But what keeps us coming back is
the friends we have made over the years no matter what they are wearing or
the words they use.                                               Baroness
AmberLea Fairchild

May the hinges on the doors to friendship never become rusty.