[Ansteorra] Authenticity

Theron Bretz tbretz at montroseclinic.org
Fri Apr 12 10:56:22 PDT 2002

> However, when you try to "enforce" your standard of authenticity on others
you should expect resistance and hard feelings.  That is when some get
labeled as a "Nazi."  You can be authentic, correct in every way and lead by
example without being demeaning, overbearing and/or rude. In fact, there are
some (perhaps many)who do.

Resistance is one thing.  Calling someone a member of the worst example of
post-modern humanity on record is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.  It's even
worse if the person being called a Nazi is Jewish (which I'm not, but I've
seen it happen).

I expect resistance.  I cherish it, in fact, because it gives me
opportunities to teach about things I love that mundane life never will.
But there's a difference between resistance and slander.  One is
understandable, the other never.

Luciano