[Ansteorra] Authenticity

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 04:20:07 PDT 2002

In a message dated 4/15/02 12:35:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
jonwillowpel at juno.com writes:

> Because we could lose the ideal of courtesy in this thread, I will say
> one more thing. For you people who use words like Nazi and go out of your
> way to stop all role playing and historical research and make fun of us
> who do I would ask a question. Are you not enforcing standards also?
>
> Willow de Wisp

Who's making fun, Your Grace? This thread began by making light of the use
non-period terms. It also included, at one point ridicule and near scorn
along the same lines.  Nobody has suggested stopping historical research.
We've agreed that there are buttheads claiming authenticity is the reason
they are a jerk and other  buttheads claiming having fun is the reason they
are a jerk.

So, to answer your question, no. You are mistaken. I am not enforcing any
standard. (I am also not making fun of authenticity or persona play. I think
they can be cool as all get out.)  I am merely pointing out that forcing your
views and ideals on others doesn't make you popular.

Iago (who wrote the part you quoted, not Luciano)