[Ansteorra] Authenticity

Theron Bretz tbretz at montroseclinic.org
Mon Apr 15 11:23:38 PDT 2002

> Has anyone ever actually written the tale of one's persona history as a
> background and starting point for persona play?
>
> It seems to me like a good idea... but I'm always up for hearing the other
> side.

My only problem with this approach (and it's a minor one) is that such
things can sometimes turn into a recitation rather than a source of persona
"stuff".  Secondly, I'm a big believer in the maxim of "show, don't tell".
If I can show you what Luciano's life is like (or even a small slice of it),
it's far better than just telling you about it.

That having been said, years ago, Bryn Gwlad ran persona stories in their
newsletter and some were quite well done (I had no idea Sir Riccardo was so
talented a writer). It's a good exercise, at least for getting the basics
down.

Luciano