[Ansteorra] The Journey: A&S

J.G. Bretz b3zsgirl at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 12:00:30 PDT 2002

>  Everything from the personal taste of the
> judge to the temperature & event location can effect how much a judge may
> want to read. Someone may not want to read 10 pages if they're out in the
> heat, while on the other hand, you may get a research fan who loves
> documentation.  That's why I think that Gunnorra's suggestion of providing
> long and short versions of your documentation is the way to go. Doing so
> pretty much covers your bases regarding how much documentation to provide.

Someone once gave me some good advice on documentation.  Get your what, why,
when, where, and how info out briefly in the first paragraph, and then
expand on it in subsequent paragraphs.  It seems to work for several people.
For instance...This is a whachamawhosit, an important garment accessory, to
the 14th century Uzbek washerwoman, made with 100% period whosits, with
period methods and supplies.  You may want to make it more elegant than
that, but it makes a good thesis statement, and lets people know what you
are shooting for up front.  If you are an expert in 14c Uzbeki washerwomen,
then you can go on about your business, and decide if this is a good
representation.   If you have never heard of a whachamawhosit, then you can
go down to the what paragraph and find out what the heck it is for.

Bia
HL Biatrichi di Palermo
Seer to the nobility of since 1492

Non essiri duci sinno tu mancianu, non essiri amaru sinno ti futanu