[Ansteorra] Re: Authenticity/Ten Foot Rules

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Fri Apr 19 07:25:04 PDT 2002

> > Whereas when I was taught the "ten foot rule" it was that if an expert
> (i.e.
> > someone who knows what they are looking at) couldn't discern
> from ten feet
> > away the inaccuracies, then it was ok (which meant that things like
> machine
> > sewing is fine, but you want to stick to accurate materials).
> >
> > Obviously the term has some shades of nuance to it.
> >
> > Marc/Diarmaid
> >

> The first rule is correct this one is  not.
> Donnel

Good-my-lord...please remember that this so-called "rule", is in reality a
"rule-of-thumb"...meaning it's not any type of "rule" at all. As such, there
is no "Correct" or "Wrong" version of it. Like many "rules-of-thumb", this
is a good one, and there are many *other* good ones too. Unless you,
personally, invented this "rule", and wrote it down officially somewhere, I
question your criticism of Diarmuid's observation.

Alden