[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

Theron Bretz tbretz at montroseclinic.org
Mon Apr 22 13:37:52 PDT 2002

> Alden proved that shame could motivate some of us :)

Precisely what engendered the following conversation at Bordermarch:

Luciano:  Alden.  Look up.
Alden:  What?
Luciano:  It's dark.
Alden:  Yes?
Luciano: Is this a restaurant?
Alden:  No....
Luciano:  See, I'm still here.

Of course, I had to leave almost immediately thereafter.  Which is the
problem, sometimes.  What feels like "late" to 99% of the folks on the
planet translates to "Feast just finished up and Court's getting started".
I left site from Bordermarch at 9:30 PM and Court had yet to begin
(unfortunately, I either had to day-trip or not go at all).  I know the
White Scarf meeting pushed things back, but to really qualify for being
there "late", I would have had to stay until sometime after midnight, I
fear.  To that matter, I have no solutions.  When people get away from
clocks in large numbers, time dilation seems inevitable.

Luciano