[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

Maleah maleah at mmcable.com
Mon Apr 22 16:04:36 PDT 2002

> Pendaran's wrote:

> While I agree that its better for people to have things memorized, there
are
> so few people doing circles these days, that I don't mind people reading
> from a page for a while if it gets them performing. I've also found that
not
> too many people know many of the old songs anymore. Perhaps with more
> circles, more people can learn more songs/stories/poems. Anyone out there
> feel like sponsoring a circle or two in the near future?
>
> Pendaran

Maleah replies:

Funny you should mention bardic circles. We'll be having one at Beltane
Games here in Namron the 2nd week-end in May (yes, I know, shameless plug
but that's my job). While we will use it to choose our newest Bard, any and
all are welcome and encouraged to attend. The Baroness is even going to be
offering largesse to those gentles who most please her with their talents. I
grew up in the SCA listening to the voices of our many Bards and have a
distinct fondness for them. I look forward to seeing you all there songs and
stories in hand.

Maleah
Baroness of Namron
(cheerfully married to Ulfie these 15 years)