[Ansteorra] Highland Games

Chuck and Rhonda Leggett RLEGGETT at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 23 12:47:14 PDT 2002

I just want to let everyone know what a wonderful time was had at Ffynnon Gath's Highland Games. For those who missed it, the weather was warm with a nice breeze, the site had no visible mundanity, but only green hills and rocks and trees in every direction. A beautiful creek ran through the site with cool, clear water and areas deep enough to sit and get wet to the neck and cool down. The fighting was fierce and interesting, the games were very entertaining. There were some who tossed the caber and some the caber tossed.  There was a live steel demonstration, a preview of things to come at the Viking Fest., that was very informative.
The feast was delicious. I hope some of the recipes will be posted. We feasted on such as Oat bread baked on site in an oven built of earth and rock, honeyed kid, and hagis, just to name a few of the delicacies. There was bardic entertainment during feast that continued afterwards around the fire, while gaming and gambling were available in the nearby gaming house.
A wonderful event and a great big THANK YOU to Ffynnon Gath for their hospitality and for hosting such a fun event. I look forward to next year's games.

Lady Tabitha Baker
House of Bricks