[Ansteorra] Marshalling gauges

Susan Bowen philippa at ev1.net
Mon Apr 22 19:01:40 PDT 2002

I'm in for 2.
Sir William of Weir
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Chipman" <cchipman at nomadics.com>
To: <Ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 2:05 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra] Marshalling gauges

I will post pics later tonight, but through a trade of labor with one of
the local engineering students at my work, I have an Autocad design of a
new marshalling guage (very similar to the ones I see floating around
nowadays) and a line on a manufacturer.  The gauges have checks on the
them for:

3" Thrusting tips
2" Thrusting tips
1.25" (low profile) thrusting tips and haft thickness
1" bar for checking helm bar spacing
5/32" 1/8" and 3/32" wall thickness checks for fiberglass spears.

This seems to be the things that have the most problem passing, so I
included them.

If we order 100 of them out of GP03 (a 3/16" rigid fiberglass resin -
reddish color), we can get them for around $5.50 a piece.  That'd be
cheap enough that we could get a lot of them around, and make it so that
people would be more ready for wars, out of kingdom events, and that
weapons could be checked BEFORE they are taken on the long haul.  I'm
wanting to see what the interest level is before I commit to ordering
the 100 of them though.

Please either reply publicly or privately if you'd be interested in
getting some, or if you have suggestions.

Thanks,
Centurion Jean Paul de Sens

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc. <mailto:Inc.cchipman at nomadics.com>