[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Cliquishness....

Pam Kendrick pkendrick at houston.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 08:29:33 PDT 2002

<<snip>>
I've had actually had women get offended that I offered to help, telling me
that they
were *quite* capable of carrying something without a man's assistance.
<<snip>>

I feel that bad manners on anyone's part is inexcusable, I am always very
thankful when assistance is offered, and usually repay the kindness with a
cool beverage to show my appreciation.

<<snip>>
It seems to me that I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't and will be
criticized either way.

Awaiting the fire,
Pendaran
<<snip>>

Maybe ladies in need of assistance should wear a "help needed here" sign,
much like the "ask
me about my persona" sign you are going to
carry..............................(kidding, only  kidding!)

My quarrel is that I did actually ask for assistance only to be completely
ignored.  Had I not asked, I would not be critical of anyone who didn't
offer.  It _is_ difficult to know what is expected of you when you loose the
ability to read minds.

Damask