[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Cliquishness....

cehuse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 24 15:03:29 PDT 2002

M'lord,

You (nor would anyone else) would never be shot down in my presence for
assisting myself or any other lady. I find it rather flattering (and it makes me
feel very special...major warm fuzzies!) when a lord walks up to me and asks to
assist me.

But, I think that we overlook our children as helpers. Here in Elfsea, we have a
youth guard (any child that asks to join is in) and yes we work them! They help
stand guard at court (my 8 year old son takes this very seriously...don't
believe me? take a look at the expression on his face when he is guarding our
Baron and Baroness.. ;-) ), they help us with setup and tear-down.

Diane and Ryan (my children) got their Rising Stars last summer at the ages of 7
and 8! Why? They help water-bear, with setup and tear-down, unloading the truck
after an event, Ryan helps heavy fighters with their armor and weapons, etc.
Children are amazing helpers (even as toddlers) and many are very eager to help
in any way they can....it also helps to keep them out of trouble because of
boredom at events.

Yours in Service..
Maria

*** St. Theresa's Prayer ****
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to
be....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has
been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to
sing, and dance,
It is there for each and every one of you....