[Ansteorra] Highland Games Court: Awards and Honors

R. Worthington riane72 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:35:13 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Greetings to the list!

    I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who made Highland
Games II : Clan Wars a memorable event. First of all I wish to thank Honorable
Lord Kael Sauvage for taking on the task of autocrat and for meeting the
challenge admirably. A special thanks to Lord Derrick Greywulfe and Lady
Elsebeth von Hoffmann of Thuin for allowing the use of their land for the
event site.

    Court was presided over by Master Ivar Runamagi and Baroness Janais
l'Ofevre.  A personal thank you to Master Ivar for supporting me in my first
endeavor heralding court, and for providing me with cues as my nerves got the
better of me during the procession. Congratulations to Lady Elsebeth von
Hoffmann for achieving a Sable Thistle for her cooking. Anyone who has had the
priviledge to enjoy her work knows that this award was well deserved.
Congratulations to Lady Katrina Wulfesblood, Lord Johann Hammerhandson, Lady
Asgerd Olisdottir, Lord Liam Urien Tremain, Lady Mary Bradford, and Lord
Claudius Armenius on your AoAs.

    The following individuals were honored for their efforts on the field:
Lord Charles McKennon for archery (  I heard many a fighter complaining about
the excellence of your aim).
Michael Morgan for fi
ghting ( it is my understanding that this young man did quite admirably his
first time out on the field).

    The following individuals were recognized for their skills during the
games:
Lord Oughan, of Dragonsfire Tor, for graciously hosting the knife and axe
competition.
Lord Marion du Masse for unparalleled excellence and accuracy in axe throwing.
Lord Sean ( sorry I didn't get your surname) for winning the knife throw.
Lord Evets Drakenklaue hosted the caber toss and rock toss competitions,
from which our own Lord Sven "Sixstrong" Forrester and Honorable Lord Kael
Sauvage emerged victorious in the caber toss and rock toss respectively.

    Baron Felix of Seawinds was named A&S Champion for his entry, a beautiful
collapsable table; and Lady Hroowyna Standdohtor was given an honorable
mention for her metalwork entry.

    Winners of the evenings activities included the "the Three Irish Sisters",
Lady Tabitha Baker, Lady Robin Ross, Lady Shu'la for their entry in the Bardic
Competition for the best bawdy song. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone
of their entries down until the little ones were abed. Lord Wiglaf Ard Uisca
was the winner of Sir Corwin von Xanten's assassins tourney, with his infamous
death by sheep-fall technique.

    Finally a thank you to everyone in attendance. Thank you for coming to
share in the fighting, revelry, and merrymaking. Thank you to those of you who
volunteered as waterbearers, and to the servers who assisted during Lord
Claeton's feast. This beautiful site was left in such an amazingly fine
condition that the clean up process was easily seen to.

In Service to the Dream,
Lady Riane la Cygne
herald to the shire of Ffynnon Gath
Amazon Household

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[1]