[Ansteorra] was History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Thu Apr 25 16:44:53 PDT 2002

In a message dated 4/25/2002 1:21:02 AM Central Standard Time,
Ciard49 at aol.com writes:

> If Texas or South Louisiana had European climate, sleeping in a tent might
> not be so bad.  Medieval folk of the aristocratic class seldom stayed in
> tents anyway - especially the women.

Oops, that should have be stated to convey that "Western European Medieval
Irish aristocratic folks seldom stayed in tents..."

This comes from an Lady of the O'Seachnasaigh's living on the most inland
shore of Galway Bay, on the western side of Ireland, where the wind never
stops blowing hard and three days without rain is a drought!  Here the
temperature is seldom more than 40-60 degrees F.

Sure there are plenty of Medieval Aristocratic women who live in tents among
the Arab folk and others in places far away and far different from Ireland -
I certainly never meant to over look them.

For my vote, give me solid walls against the storm and rain and hellish heat
of Ansteorran summer.

THLady Ciard O'Seachnasaigh