[Ansteorra] Gophers in the Garden

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Apr 25 18:37:34 PDT 2002

Robert asked:
> > Well, you may just have succeeded. However, I don't think
> > gophers are native to Europe, in which case the question
> > doesn't count. :-)
>
> How long have you been collecting this stuff?

Since 1989 or so. It was available as a few files on my
bbs for a couple of years and as paper copy. Then that
became the Rialto Files (sometimes called the Rialto
Archives by others. It wasn't. Just some selections).
Then it became the Florilegium.

There are currently over 1500 different files on a
wide variety of SCA and medieval subjects. I add
between 10 and 15 new files a month and update many
more. So hopefully there is always something new there
to read.

Of course I am only the editor of this collection. Without
the messages and the articles from the folks in the SCA
from around the world, there could be no Florilegium.
And there are a number of articles from folks in our
SCA groups in South Africa, Europe and Australia. And
I've got one and will be adding more from an individual
in Moscow who would like to be more active in the SCA.
Unfortunately, the group in Moscow seems to have folded.

And I am always looking for new articles. Especially ones
on subjects not currently covered in the Florilegium. The
copyright remains with the author. Even many class notes
make good articles if they can stand by themselves without
the class.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

And for those who have never visited the Florilegium, the
web address is: http://www.florilegium.org