[Ansteorra] Late Night Court

Claryce Orfevre claryce at mmcable.com
Sat Apr 27 05:23:35 PDT 2002

Greetings to the list from Claryce Rapheal Orfevre, Past Baroness of Namron

We once held "evening" court at 3:00 pm when the crown wasn't there - we were able to move the schedule to have it that early.  *Everyone* loved the fact that they had lots of time for socializing after court.

Even with the crown in attendance, we made it our goal to allow as much "party time" as possible.  Seeing how both my husband and I enjoyed the bardic and the dancing, it gave us more time to do what we enjoyed doing the most.  Usually, we succeeded in getting out no later than 10 pm, sometimes 8 or 9.

My 2 cents,
Claryce

  Greetings to the list from Leofric Ealdricson, Past Baron of Loch Soilleir:

  One thing to remeber is that the schedule of an event is always at the
  pleasure of the crown.  That being said, I have not encountered a single
  crown that was not flexible on their schedule.  If the local nobles and the
  event steward plan well, you CAN have an event run on schedule.  I know
  this, I did it for five years as Baron of Loch Soilleir.

  Our typical event schedule had evening court at around 5:00 with feast
  starting at 6:30 to 7:00.  If I knew that the crown had a lot of business, I
  would set the feast before court but start the feast at 5:30 or 6:00.

  The local nobles and event steward need to coordinate feast with the cook
  and know when the last dish that cant be held and not ruined needs to start.
    I would go to my cook and find out the drop dead time for that dish and I
  WOULD tell them at that time to either start it (everyting was running on
  time) or delay it until a certian time.