[Ansteorra] was History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Sat Apr 27 13:18:28 PDT 2002

At 09:10 PM 4/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> > I told him I would rather pay $20 for the weekend - which included 2
> > breakfasts and the feast - and sleep in a real bunkbed in a weather
> > controlled room, with attached bathroom and showers.  They also usually
> > offered a lunch for $2, consisting of stew, fruit, bread and tea.
> >
> > If Texas or South Louisiana had European climate, sleeping in a tent might
> > not be so bad.  Medieval folk of the aristocratic class seldom stayed in
> > tents anyway - especially the women.
> >
> > If the sites had more ammenities, those folks who now can afford to get a
> > hotel room for the weekend or own an RV, or a large van to haul half a
> > house
> > worth of goods, would not have to bother with the extra expences or extra
> > camping gear.  And those who choose to camp could still do so if they
> > wanted
> > at most events.
> >
> > Are there any such sites available in Ansteorra?
> >
> > THLady Ciard

I read this thinking what a delightful way to pass an event.  With two kids
and a husband that doesn't play, the hauling of stuff is just more than I
care to do too often.  We have day tripped and stayed at the bardic fire
till 3 in the morning and then driven home.  We have only stayed in a cabin
once and to me it was delightful.  It felt like being in a small village
and I loved it.

Susan the Curious