[Ansteorra] Isle of Mann info

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Sun Apr 28 13:41:49 PDT 2002

Susan the Curious replied to me with:
> >Naw, it's just an evil plot to have interesting info
> >available. And to counter the "I can't possibly do
> >any research on how my persona would have lived. I
> >don't know where to get any information...."
> >
> >Stefan
>
> It seems like you sent me once and I can't find where it is
> saved.  I would
> love to know more about the Isle of Man.  Most specificly how
> the culture
> on the Isle was affected by the Norse presence for what seems
> like it was
> 1000 years.  I have found great pictures of headstones online
> that have an
> interesting marriage of art styles and names, but would like more than
> that.  Also how it is similer and different from the other
> celtic cultures
> near it.  Time period specificly that I would be interested
> in would be
> early Tutor.

I assume you mean "Tudor". By that time I wonder how much
Norse influence would be left.

I'm afraid I don't have much info on the Isle of Mann. Mainly
because there is very little info on this island which crosses
the nets, at least where I would see it. If you've already done
some additional research, or if you do so in the future, you
might want to consider writing an article on this island for
the Florilegium. Even a bibliography would help others in the
future.

In the meantime, here is the file again. It is in the CULTURES
section:
Manx-msg           (9K)  1/22/02    The Isle of Man. Manx personas. references.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Manx-msg.html

I did update that file recently, but I think the additions were
from this list so I think you've already seen them.

Stefan