[Ansteorra] (no subject)

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Sun Apr 28 13:54:34 PDT 2002

Charinthalis Del Sans replied to me with:
> Alas I didn't read it but was pasing along a missive from my
> lovely wife.
> Elizabeta of Rundel is her name and the one who proposed the
> question. Don't
> kill the message carrier... tis more period to pay them to
> kill the one who
> sent the msg. lol

Huh? I did not realize from your original message that you
were not the original commenter. However, why would I kill
the messenger or the original commenter?

I just don't think that that the fact that there was a
law against wearing costume jewelry several hundred years
later is evidence that fake jewels were not used in the
12th Century or for that matter, in the time it was
written.

Pewter was often used to make "costume" jewelry
in the Middle Ages. We have surviving pieces. We may have
pieces with glass jewels also, but I've not done any
research on this.

Again, I am certainly not angry with Elizabeta, and if
she has some evidence to counter my statements I'd love
to see it, and will add it to the Florilegium to improve
the picture of medieval life that it presents.

Stefan