[Ansteorra] Too many events?

Ron eirik at hot.rr.com
Mon Apr 29 15:36:25 PDT 2002

> Maybe all this local activity wore the people of Middleford out
> and brought them
> to their implosion status they were at several years ago...

On the contrary, I think that the local activity actually gave cohesion to
our group. We just happen to have a highly transient population. I won't go
into what caused any problems. Middleford never was close to imploding or
folding up or anything close to that. Might have been misconcieved by
someone from outside the group, similiar to what was percieved when Desert
Storm occurred. We supposedly were not a viable group because all of our
members were deployed overseas. However; we held 5 calender events, two of
those being Kingdom level events, in a eight month period of time.

> It also probably added to Middleford's feeling of being a Red
> Headed Step Child
> because they only were so expended locally they did not get out
> and relate to
> the rest of the Kingdom in levels they would have if they were
> not so busy locally...

I won't go into the circumstance for the above, but I personally have been
to lots of other events with quite a few from Middleford. I remember a time
when Raven's Fort and Middleford traveled to each other's events regularly.
It was this comradrie between groups that inspired me to stay involved. I
wish some of that comradrie would return.

Eirik