[Ansteorra] Handy info for Pennsic travelers

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Sat Aug 3 16:36:36 PDT 2002

At 07:08 PM 8/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>A friend who travels to Pennsylvania regularly told me the other night that
>Texas TollTag(R) packets also work in Pennsylvania, because the same
>company runs the programmes for both states.  He said you have to call
>ahead so that they will activate your 'ponder in Pennsylvania, and you need
>the 11-digit number off the box/tag when you call.
>
>No, I don't know the number to call, but I would bet you can find it from
>the webpage for Pennsylvania's equivalent to NTTA (our firewall is being
>freaky this afternoon, so I am having trouble punching through to find it).
>
>And no, sorry, Oklahoma's system is run by a different company, so you
>don't get Pennsic-area privileges.
>
>                              ---= Morgan (ten more days!)

Actually the Oklahoma Pikepass system uses the same equipment as does
Texas, Pennsylvania, and other states.  But instead of contracting out the
operation and billing to a private company, Oklahoma's Turnpike Authority
runs it in house.  They are currently negotiating with other states to make
the Pikepass (TollTag) valid in other locations around the country.

Burke