[Ansteorra] When did this change????

ecrouchet at austin.rr.com ecrouchet at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 9 10:10:10 PDT 2002

On 9 Aug 2002 at 7:43, brenda mchenry wrote:

> Personally I like having the "hard" copy of events with the maps,
> directions and specific details.  I know a number of people who are
> not on line.  If $100 is going to be a huge problem for a canton,
> shire, barony or whatever then they probably don't need to be having
> that event.  That's why we plan budgets for events.

It is true that some very small groups run on very tight budgets. This often makes it
difficult to front the cash for all those little expenses.
However, each one of those little groups is in a region and there are Baronies and other
large groups in those regions.

Those larger groups often have larger up front resources. Smaller groups should be
requesting help for specific items. This could be in the form of a loan with a copy of the
budget that shows the plan to make the money to pay it back. Larger groups could
volunteer a gift, as money to pay for X or as in free advertising in a local newsletter(this
is probably the most effective choice all around).  Maybe the large group could sponsor
a fund raiser at one of their events for the  smaller group's benefit. It could be barter,
like: You run the gate at our event  and we will buy two Black Star  pages to advertise
yours.

I am not suggesting all out financial support, just some friendly assistance. Those
smaller groups were once incipient to or a canton of a larger group. Those groups that
were their sponsors in the past should feel some desire to continue to assist those
groups in times of need. We are all here to have fun and it is more fun when we help
each other out.

Many of those smaller groups bring in the people that eventually become the movers
and shakers of the kingdom. Many of those people started in small groups with small
budgets and members with limited incomes. We all progress, but often the make up of
the area does not change just the people and so those small groups often will never
have improved resources.

We should all be sharing our resources and experiences to the extent that we can to
help each other out. After all, that is how WE get to play more.

Just my observations and opinions. Your mileage may vary.

Claire