[Ansteorra] Criteria...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 07:39:10 PDT 2002

--- Kimberly Koch <sarapenrose at yahoo.com> wrote:
---snip---

> I think Pug and Modius are extraordinary examples, but
> I also think Pug is right - 2 to 3 years after an AoA
> for a Thistle, Crane, or Comet seems excessive to me.
> I think AoA level awards should be spaced about a year
> apart. There are exceptions, of course, but a year
> seems to be a pretty good rule of thumb.

I just don't think it should be that easy...I think that
there should be more effort and energy expected to earn
an award the higher you go...otherwise they are just the
mark of time for a reasonably active person and a comet
has little more weight than a 2nd AoA...

I also see the Service track as seperate from the A&S track

I also see Baronial Awards and anything with consultation priviledges
as something completely different...

So I can see it would be feasable (if earned)
the first year award an AoA
the second year a thistle in X
the third year a thistle in z
the forth year a comet or a crane...
etc...

Here's what is behind my reasoning...

of the 4040 people in the OP that have an AoA or above
for 74% of those people their highest award is an AoA level award
(includes cranes, thistles, comets, grace awards as well as the AoA)
47%  of the 4040 have an AoA as their highest award...

For most of these people the level they are at will be their terminal award
(not that getting awards is what keeps them in)...I just think getting
an award should mean more...therefore require more...

> > Anybody care to do the break down from the OP? If
> > anybody does the stats...I'd love to see them!
> If I had to guess? My theory is that people get awards
> faster than they used to. I'll leave the exhaustive
> number-crunching of the OP to folks more anal than
> myself, though. ;)

Not that anyone we know got their degree in mathmatics;)

> Sara

I did a cursory break down by rank using March of Prescedence
in the back of the OP online...I don't know if I'll have the
time and attitude to extrapolate the Peerage data I want...
but then again there is the 8 hour drive to Gothic...
and if I don't want to do handwork...and I don't get carsick
I might just come back with the date...then again...I might
just try to relax ;0

Lorraine DeerSlayer