[Ansteorra] Pas was - A&S issues

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Aug 28 14:19:37 PDT 2002

> A Pas de Armes
>
> So does this translate to "putting lipstick on a pig"?

It means "Passage of Arms".  Of course, one's personal proclivities are
their own.

I'd be more than happy to forward some reference material if your knowledge
on the
subject is lacking.  It was, after all, one of the basic building blocks of
the concept
of Courtly Love in the High Middle Ages.  I'm sure your Don could provide
some information
also as to it's nature and how in later Periods it grew into "a duel between
Noble Gentlemen".

Petruccio