[Ansteorra] Fw: Need a Bag Piper for 9/11 Ceremonies

Judy Nesmith ladydunpiobair at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 10:48:48 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I'm sorry but Scottish Clans of North Texas does not have a link from their
web-site to pipe bands in north Texas.  The link to North Texas Caledonian
Pipes and Drums is:

http://www.ntxcalpd.com/

Their business manager, Sandy Laverock, left Tuesday for Scotland and won't be
back until the 20 something th.  Don Shannon, the pipe major, is best contacted
through his e-mail. They are not volunteers that I know of and charge per
piper/drummer plus mileage.

The Dallas Police and Fire Pipe Band (Guns and Hoses) may do this sort of thing
but I don't know their web-site address but I can get it for you if you like.

There is a pipe band in Ft. Worth called Drive By Pipers but again I don't have
their web-site address at hand.

Bob Richardson (Oban Piper) is in Arlington and played for the funerals for the
fire fighters that were kill in Sampson Park and also for the Dallas
Thanksgiving Square ceremonies after 9/11.

I don't know of any pipers that are currently active in the SCA in this area.

Slainte,
Siobhán O'Donnabhain (bosss)
mka Judy Nesmith
Scottish Clans of North Texas
Sub-Chief in Charge of Membership
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jane Sitton <lymadelina at yahoo.com> wrote:
I believe the North Texas Clan Association keeps a
list of pipers for hire.  They are who we contacted
for my mother and sister's funeral.  Perhaps they
could refer you to someone in the area?

Here's a link to the website:

http://www.scotclans.homestead.com/

Adieu,
Madelina de Lindesaya

Bob Dewart <gilli at seacove.net> wrote:
Please excuse, but I thought some of us might be
interested in this.  This is at Fort Hood.

Gilli

Anybody who can play Bagpipes!

We need a volunteer to play the Bagpipe for the 9/11
ceremony.

This is open to soldiers, family members, and
civilians.

Anybody interested please call SFC Hall, G-3's
office, 287-9470

=====