[Ansteorra] Query...Answer

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 22:24:08 PDT 2002

--- L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to define my criteria for awards....(fall
> tourney season is soon upon us...so I am working up
> award recommendations.
>
> Could ya'll please help me by giving your opinions
> on these questions?

I'll try!

> What is your definition of levels of activity at a
> local level? (so far mine are active, periodicaly
> active, event active only and non-active)

Well, I agree with your levels of activity. However,
depending on mundane circumstances (which, imho,
ALWAYS come first), one's level may fluctuate from
time to time.

> Do you think attitude and behaviour should count
> toward or against an award?

Yes. If someone is using drugs on site, harassing
people at events and the like, they shouldn't get
anything but an escort off-site immediately. We play
this game to recreate a time where chivalry and honor
was prized above all else. With that in mind, I do
believe that attitude and behavior should count
towards an award.

> and how long had you been playing and at what
> activity level...before you got your AoA...(if you
> have one yet)

I have been playing a little more than three years. I
received my AOA roughly six months after I started
playing (much to my surprise). At the time, I didn't
think I deserved it. I hadn't done much outside of the
College and had not even been to a regional event. But
I hope that, in the time since then, I've earned that
AOA.

As far as children getting AOAs and such, my view is
this: if they've earned it, recommend them! If you see
a child consistently working and doing a great job,
recommend them for a Rising Star or, if they already
have that, an AOA. I do not believe that age should be
a barrier to getting ANY award.

Thanks for allowing me to speak my piece!

Yours in humble service,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
Holder of the Portcullis of Elfsea
Bronze Bearing Red & Green
House Rising Thunder
Kingdom of Atenveldt