[Ansteorra] Query...

lanphier taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Mon Aug 26 12:08:52 PDT 2002

OK, Gilli

What do you think peers and nobles should do? How much work? Do you give
us any credit for the years of work we have all ready done? I have been
in the SCA for 35 years and I have been a peer for over 25 years of that
time. Right now I can only make one event every two months but of those
events I spend an average of four hours in meetings and two hours
judging. One hour interacting with people about their needs and desires
to get ahead and give them reinforcement. One to three hours teaching and
try to work in a performance or two. I also try to some persona
interaction to add to the atmosphere of the game. I make wall hangings at
the rate of two a  year with each taking from 100 to 20 hours of work.
These are used to decorate the halls of event through out the central
region. I teach at least one or two classes every year and I run a middle
east dance class every week. I am old and I am tired and my back is bad.
Going to work weekends is just too much for me. How much more do you want
me to do?

Duchess Willow de Wisp