[Ansteorra] Query...

lanphier taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Mon Aug 26 13:56:04 PDT 2002

I am not sure about that. The Royal Peers are the Duke and Duchess,
Counts and Countess and Viscounts and Viscountess and this was defined by
the Bod. There are no unattached patent of peerage anymore. All Peers are
either Knights or Master/ess of Arms or Master/ess of the Laurel or
Pelican. Court Baron/ess are minor nobility and carry a Grant of Arms
which make the same rank as the White Scarfs and Iris and Star of Merit
and a few other things which I am not sure of. Territorial Baron/ess and
considered "ruling nobility" and are of a greater rank but not peers.
Usually they march after the Viscount/ess and before the Peers. Does this
clear this up?
Duchess Willow de Wisp