[Ansteorra] Query...

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Mon Aug 26 14:52:08 PDT 2002

> I suggest to the peers and nobles of the realm that they don't rise to
> Gilli's bait.
> Pendaran (one of those peers whose a noble)

 What is that rumbling I hear...it must the End Of Times....I happen to
agree with Pendaran!

Here are a couple of observations on the subject (from someone who's *not* a
Peer, *or* a Noble...)

1: I think Gilli *originally* intended the comparison not so much as a
slander to the Peers, but as a praising of the children (at least, I hope
so.)

2: Sir Samuel...with all due respect, Sir... *I* think you over-reacted
(rather egregiously)...and backed Gilli into a corner. Be careful what you
ask for... a private reply might have been a bit more politic.

3: Yes, Peerage and Nobility are (or should be) both awards *and* job
descriptions...but we all get tired. Gilli, everyone has a right to their
own life. Because someone was awarded our highest honors, *doesn't* mean
that the SCA owns them.

4: Can't we all just get along?

5: Alden talks too much.
(just to make Pendaran happy...)

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tempio, Ansteorra
(hoping the SNR drops to a reasonable level soon...)