[Ansteorra] Criteria...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Aug 28 08:44:12 PDT 2002

L T (ldeerslayer at yahoo.com) said something that sounded like:
> I just don't think it should be that easy...I think that
> there should be more effort and energy expected to earn
> an award the higher you go...otherwise they are just the
> mark of time for a reasonably active person and a comet
> has little more weight than a 2nd AoA...

I disagree here. I think the *quality* of effort should be higher, not
the quantity. That is not to say that a large volume of work does not
make up for it being of low value.

Now we get the fun argument of sweeping the floors and checking the
portolets is necessary. Yes, it is useful and can recieve certain level
of recognition, but it is not as useful to the society as Kingdom/Society
level offices or inovative effort. Of course even great quantity of work
can be at low level by completely messing up the office for example.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."