[Ansteorra] A+S Issues

Rae Bauer suvdchin at moritu.net
Wed Aug 28 10:02:45 PDT 2002

Greetings,
  Just thought I'd drop my 2cents worth in about
A+S competitions.  First let me say that I don't
enjoy them.  Even if I win something cool, its
not precisely my cup of tea.  Then why do I enter.
  Well, going back a few years, I was talking in
Sir Galen's camp about how I just didn't understand
A+S competitions and it seems to me like so much
showing off.  Mistress Stella said,"You enter
competitions to inspire others", and a Lightbulb
went on in my head.  That's why I started entering
A+S.  To show other people, Hey if I can do this,
so can you!  I don't know if I have ever succeeded
in this but there's always the hope that I will.
  Also, Pug is absolutely correct in that your work
can become known in other ways.  Make prizes/largess.
Hospitality trays.  Award insignia is always needed.
  SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!
  My favorite A+S event is Laurel's Prize Tourney.
Which is coming up in Oct in Greywood, I think.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway, Please come and spend a day, displaying
your arts, talking to people, getting one on one
comentary and getting largess!!!  I like the
largess part since I'm a merc.
END SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT

Suvdchin
Khan of the Moritu