[Ansteorra] A&S issues

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Aug 28 10:55:44 PDT 2002

Patrick Cuccurello (pat at adtelusa.com) said something that sounded like:
> 2.  We are seeing more and more events where it is just an "Arts Event" or
> just a "Fighting Event".  Where that is lovely to focus on a particular
> area, you are creating walls between disciplines within the Society.

Let me clarify, *my* problem isn't having both activities at an event,
but trying to force one into the other. The reason I heard this is often
"well we need to give the non-<activist> something to do to at this
specialty event". That is just not true since they can visit friends,
help out in the kitchen or with setup, actually watch the activities,
play a game, learn from someone who isn't 100% busy, etc.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."