[Ansteorra] Pas was - A&S issues

Karen kdrennan at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 12:29:24 PDT 2002

Don't worry Amerinda, I got it...

Wrenne Blackthorne (an avid fan of heavy combat)

--- AMBERD at flash.net wrote:
> (for the general readers you might want to skip to the
> last paragraph ;-)

((BIG SNIPPAGE HERE)))

Centurion Jean Paul de Sens said something like:::

> >Finally, I feel the phrase "lipstick on a pig" is a
> >bit, dismissive, of the effort on the part of those
> >who worked so hard to put it on.

 To which Amerinda replied:::
 Actually it is called a joke and your attempt to turn
 it into an insult by alleging it is dismissive of the
 effort on the part of those who worked so hard to put
 it on is the insult; by 'using' them. It should have
 been obvious by my later praise of their efforts that
 I wasn't insulting them.

> >Centurion Jean Paul de Sens
> >Who-is-sorry-he-missed-the-Pas-but-money-is-tight-as-
> >someone-who-shall-remain-nameless-and-dating-me-is-
> >starting-graduate-school-and-I'm-playing-sugar-daddy

 So your defending the "beauty of it all" without
 actually having seen it. That is somewhat amusing.

 I think the tourney would have been much more
 appropriate to a full day center stage venue as
 opposed to the rushed timeslot it was given. I also
 think it would work better outside with the wind
 lifting the edges of the banners, the smell of crushed
 grass as the tourney progressed and the sound of birds
 trumpeting the valor of the fighters.

 Amerinda

=====
Great minds discuss ideas