[Ansteorra] Query...

Brandy breads at attbi.com
Thu Aug 29 10:09:15 PDT 2002

> I'm trying to define my criteria for awards....(fall tourney season
> is soon upon us...so I am working up award recommendations.
>
> Could ya'll please help me by giving your opinions on these questions?
>
> What is your definition of levels of activity at a local level?
> (so far mine are active, periodicaly active, event active only
> and non-active)

I think perhaps activity level should be individually assesed.  I've seen
people work at every local event they go to and never hold an office or go
to a meeting. And, by the same token, I've seen people go to every meeting
and every event, but once they are there, they feel their obligation is
fulfilled and don't do anything outside the scope of what is expected at an
event.

> Do you think attitude and behaviour should count toward or against
> an award?

Not if it's a personal judgement.  Just because you don't like someone
doesn't mean they don't deserve the award any less.

> and how long had you been playing and at what activity level...before
> you got your AoA...(if you have one yet)

I was 10 or 11 and we had been playing for about 5 or so years when I
recieved my Rising Star.  (This was the reign TRMs Michael and Rebbekah
instituted the award.) About 8 years later I received my AoA.

> Lorraine

Marion