[Ansteorra] Pas was - A&S issues

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at attbi.com
Thu Aug 29 20:05:28 PDT 2002

Amerinda,

You should have seen the bout between Lord Louis and Lord Tomas.  It was
wonderful and exciting! It was also exciting to see Don Edward Mercer and
Master Modius fighting in the style of the Spanish and English fencing
schools within the inscribed circles. Such grace and speed!

As a Laurel, I applaud those entrants that displayed their research into
fighting.

As one of the Ladies in the Gallery, I applaud every fighter that took part
in the competition.  The small melees at the end were also fun to watch.

I was very honored to be in the company of so many fine, gracious Ladies -
especially Duchess Willow, who led us with her wit and Grace.

We are so lucky in Ansteorra to have many different ways for fighters to
show their prowess - both Chivalric and Duello.  They each have their own
mixture of grace and athletic finesse. A viewer must understand the finer
points in order to fully appreciate the different styles and nuances.

And....while the setting within the hall did not compare to the lovely
surroundings of your own Bjornsborg, we did not have to suffer through the
Crusader-style, desert heat that was outside the hall.

My thanks to the Barony of the Steppes for including the Pas at Artisan.

In Service,

Mistress Xene Theriane