[Ansteorra] Award recommendations

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Aug 30 09:54:32 PDT 2002

Lorraine DeerSlayer commented:
> That's why it is so important for those people who witness
> the activity
> send in recommendations to the Crown...so that the Crown can plumb the
> depths. And each Crown can only decide on what is sent
> them...since the
> award recommendations are not usually carried from reign to reign...

Is this true? That all award recommendations are lost every six
months? Is this because of the sheer volume of such letters that
the Crown receives? Or a problem of transferring the paperwork
to a new administration along with all the regalia and such?

It would seem to add some irregularity in the awarding of
awards. Someone could get a number of recommendations each
reign and be just below the threshold, but if only the
recommendations recieved in that reign are considered, then they
wouldn't get an award until a Crown lowered the threshold or
some folks held off and happened to send in recommendations when
others did.

It would seem that sudden spurts of effort might be more rewarded
than a lower level of consistant, constant service and effort.

It would also seem to hurt the folks in those areas that the
Crown doesn't get to consistantly since the recommendations
could get flushed more often between the times the Crown gets
to that area than they would in more populated or centralized
areas.

It also seems a shame, and a bit disrespectful, to be tossing out the
letters that folks spent so much time thinking about and writing.

I hope this really isn't the case. But I can also understand
not wanting to get inundated in paperwork. I think older recommendation
letters should be let go. Maybe after a year or three reigns or some
such.

Comments? Especially from past Royalty?

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous