[Ansteorra] Archery Class at Wiesnfeuer Yule This Weekend

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Wed Dec 4 11:53:23 PST 2002

Greetings Combat Archery Enthusiast!

Want to shoot combat Archery but can't figure out how to make those darned
arrrows/bolts?  We can help!  Come to Wiesnfeuer's Yule revel this Sat. and
join in the arrow making class.  Can't afford to purchase 50 new Baldar
blunts?  We can help there too!  Centurian Jean Paul will be doing a demo on
how to produce UHMW heads!! .  This demo will be held outside due to
noise/mess issues.  Hopefully the weather will be nice.  The acutall arrow
construction will be done inside.  *** I had hoped to have some heads made
for this yule to sell (at my cost) but the holidays made shipping slow and I
was unable to aquire the material in time.

Time: 1:30ish to 4/5ish Sat afternnoon.
Please come prepared to put your arrows together. This is a WORKING class.
You will need:

Have your APD's precut/prepared to be put on as well as the UHMW heads if
your going to use them. Please look at the ansteorra archery webpage for
exact requirments- http://archery.ansteorra.org/

1.   Blunts...any approved type
2.   shafts..wood or fiberglass
3.   APD..siloflex or gulftube
4.   strapping tape
5.   nocks if making arrows
6.   glue for holding nocks on
7.   Close cell foam if making UHMW tips.. the blue camping mat found at
Walmart works great.
8.   something to mark your arrows with ( small labels printed on the
computer work great).. all arrows/bolts must have owners name & kingdom on it
9.   good scissors, box knife or other cutting instrument for cutting foam,
tape ect.
10.  Willingness to learn and help others.

You can purchase your materials from:

1.   Blunts.  There are several approved tips avalible. some are the baldar
blunts, UHMW ( hard plastic with foam on top)
2.   shafts  you can use hardwood rods or fiberglass     Shafts should have a
minimum diameter of 1/4 inch for fiberglass or 5/16 inch for wood
3.   APD- I recommend 160 siloflex for the anit-penitration device

+++++ You can get the Baldar Blunts from <A HREF="http://www.northstararchery.com/">http://www.northstararchery.com/</A>  I
have heard that they are backlogged on orders and it can take a couple of
weeks for delivery.  You can surf the web to find other merchants that might
carry them as well++++++++++++++++++==

For the UHMW blunts.  You can purchase the plastic from several places :
> <A HREF="http://www.plasticsonline.cc/">www.plasticsonline.cc</A><A HREF="http://www.ecomallbiz.com/plasticsonline/uhmwrodvirginnatural/">
> http://www.ecomallbiz.com/plasticsonline/uhmwrodvirginnatural/</A>

   or I recieved this from Lord Eadric, Kingdom Archery Marshel:

> <A HREF="http://www.lairdplastics.com/">http://www.lairdplastics.com/</A>

  Texas locations in Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, San Antonio, and
Dallas.  Other locations across the USA and Canada.
Also look in the phone books/yellow pages for GE Commercial Plastics or GE
Polymershapes

<A HREF="http://www.gepolymershapes.com/pshapes/geps/about/locations.jsp">http://www.gepolymershapes.com/pshapes/geps/about/locations.jsp</A>

If GE has it in stock then they will happily sell to ya.  If they don't have
it they MIGHT order it for you.  The have locations in Houston and in the
Dallas Area (Coppell)   and a location in Tulsa, OK..

+++++++++++++For the Fiberglass shafts+++++++

By far the best fiberglass rod is the Extren Brand of fiberglass rod produced
by the Strongwell Corp.  <A HREF="http://www.strongwell.com/">http://www.strongwell.com/</A>   You can call Strongwell
at (276) 645-8000  and find the nearest dealer.  RyanHerco sells Extren Rod  <A HREF="http://www.ryanherco.com/locations/index.htm">
http://www.ryanherco.com/locations/index.htm</A>

Another acceptable brand of fiberglass is the Maclean-Fogg fiberglass rod.
Sir Erika at Northstar Archery  <A HREF="http://www.northstararchery.com/">http://www.northstararchery.com/</A>  sells this
rod.

You need 100 or 160 PSI 1" pipe.  Can be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot,
Sutherlands.. ect.

Questions?? Please feel free to email me.  Looking forward to seeing everyone
at Wiesenfeuer!  Remember again, that this will be a WORKING class putting
arrows together, PLEASE come prepared!

Countess Octavia de Verdon