[Ansteorra] Bonwicke's Yule Revel

HL Kainin Tepesa kainin at copycraft.com
Wed Dec 4 20:16:26 PST 2002

Greetings unto the Kingdom,

Bonwicke experienced some scheduling conflicts that did not allow us
to hold our usual 12th Night this year, however we have decided to
hold an off-calendar Yule Revel. The Yule Revel will be an all-day
event on December 14th, starting at 1:00pm. It will be held at the
Canterbury Center which is located at 2407 16th (on 16th Street right
off of University) in Lubbock (link to map on our web-site
forthcoming). The day will be filled with tournaments (both chivalric
and rapier), an arts and sciences competition (documentation not
required) as well as a cooking contest (period recipes) and possible
chess contest. The feast will be pot luck, the Barony is providing
briskets for the meat we just need other dishes or side items. If you
are entering the cooking contest it will be judged at that time and
your dish will be enjoyed by all. If you do not wish to enter the
cooking contest please bring a dish that will go well with brisket.
Site fee is a small item for any of the prize baskets (ie: chivalric,
rapier, A&S or cooking) and we will be accepting donations to offset
the cost (something between $2.00 to $3.00 per person would be a
great help). As I have more information I will forward it to the
list. We do hope that you will all come and join us in this
celebration.

In service,
Kainin