[Ansteorra] [Fwd: Fw: [TY] brewing question]

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Dec 9 19:25:48 PST 2002

Susan Wieland (damaris1 at ev1.net) said something that sounded like:
> > Does anyone have a recipie for Mulled heather ale?   I have a friend who is
> > looking for one....
> This was forwarded to me be a friend on the Meridies list.  Does anybody
> out there have an answer for her?

  I've not heard of mulled heather ale, but I don't know why you couldn't
  do that to a heather ale.

  Here are some sites to some example recipes and background. I have not
  tried any of them myself and there is very little as far as the
  relevance to periodness.

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/columns/mj4.html
http://www.electricscotland.com/si/features/food/heather_ale.htm
http://byo.com/recipe/724.html
http://web.bham.ac.uk/GraftonG/recipes/s2.htm

  Btw, depending on what the desired result is, you could mull an ale
  with Irish Mist Liquor - blend of irish whiskey and heather honey.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   | "I know that I will never be politically correct
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |  I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette