[Ansteorra] The Texas Renaissance Festival Demo

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Wed Dec 4 17:29:53 PST 2002

Dear Gentles,

I have seen regret of an ending, concern for reimbursment, joy at the
relinquishing of time, anticipation of the inevitable realized, resignation
at the same inevitablity, and speculation of motives discussed in the posts
since HL Gerald posted the letter from TRF ending our 2 + decade love/hate
relationship.  I am not writing to add my voice in any of those areas.

What I would like to ask is, among those such as HL Gerald or Lord Boen who
have been in the TRF liason position, is there one of those folks who have
had the "ear" of the TRF so to speak who might broach the idea of a 2 - 4
person "booth" located somewhere perhaps close to the front gate where we
could at least maintain an "information" booth area so that we could
continue to get sign up information from interested patrons out to the local
hospitalers???  IMHO, the persons sitting out front of the SCA compound did
the lion's share of getting people involved in the SCA, esp. when we had
fliers or pamphlets to give to interested people.  It was Mistress Hillary's
post which sparked this inquiry of mine because I also am part of the SCA
because I spoke to someone in the info booth at TRF.  The TRF could still
get their tax write off for sponsoring a non-profit group and we could still
get out our information to the patrons.  The amount of persons to be
involved would be greatly reduced thus keeping our groups free for the
tourney season.

I would be interested in seeing y'all response to this.

Annes

Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen