[Ansteorra] Viking Humor for sale

Torvaldr skaldic at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 23 16:38:18 PST 2002

Greetings one all from Lord Torvaldr Torgarson, creator and performer of the
Viking Home Companion. I hope that this posting is not in violation of your
list rules. If so, my sincerest appologies. I only hope to spread some fun and
laughter to my kin of the SCA. I also appologize for the length of this post
but my own website is still under construction so I needed to include a bit
more information than otherwise.

What is the Viking Home Companion you ask? Well now, it
is a collection of silly Viking songs and stories set in the imaginary village
of Skaugnir, which is just North and East of Viborg on the Jutland pennisula
of Denmark. These stories and songs have been recorded and are available on
CD.

#1 The Viking Home Comanion and Radio Free Valhalla. This is a combo of the
first two CDs. The first half of the CD is the original Viking Home Companion
with 4 songs and 2 stories, the second half is Radio Free Valhalla, done as a
radio program complete with commercials and commentary, it has 1 song and 2
stories. Run time is approx 30 minutes.
Songs
Second Month of Viking (parody of the Yoopers Second week of Deer Camp)
Cold North Sea (Parody of Lemon Tree)
Beorn Saxon Bane (Parody of It's Me Again Margaret)
Hakon the Funny Berzerk Man (Parody of Frankie the Funny Fireman)
I'm Beggining to see a lot of Carnage (Parody of It's beggining to look a lot
like Christmas)

Stories
Halfdan's New Long Boat
Going Viking
The Varangian Guard
Halfdan's Funeral

Cost $15.00 each plus $1.50 s/h

#2 Ragnarok and Roll. This is the newest CD just released this month! It has 5
songs, 1 poem, and 2 new stories. Both the stories are based on traditional
Norse myths and told in the VHC style. Run time approx 40 mintues.

Songs
Hackity Hack (Parody of Yackity Yack)
Take me out to the Holmgang (Parody of Take me out to the Ball game)
God Save us from the Viking (Parody of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen)
Deck the Hall with Skulls of Saxons (Parody of.. Take a guess :-)
Three Viking Ships (Parody of I saw Three Ships Come Sailing in)

Poem
Holmgang in Skaugnir (Parody of Casey at the Bat)

Stories
Freya's Wedding
Ragnarok Almost Rolled

cost $15.00 each $1.50 s/h

To place an order please contact me directly at skaldic at mindspring.com
Payment can be made by check, money order or through Paypal.

Ya Sure You Betcha!

Torvaldr

http://home.mindspring.com/~westcollegium