[Ansteorra] FW: Aveloc and Gulf Wars

'bella sprice4 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 4 09:37:36 PST 2002

if you had such deep concerns you should have aired them.
He was not his man. or a prince then either....

the point is moot...so why flog a dead horse.. legally speaking
bringing up this particular issue in this pubic forum ....  this
long AFTER the fact is slander...

and finally.... that comment about not airing marshallate
reports... made the thought come to my mind ''what have they got
to hide?'   not that there is anything to hide, but humans being
what they are.... >:P

just rebutting an issue long dead even in An Tir  and this issue
generated over 200+ posts a day for about two weeks....

and really this is the last thought, honest...

we SCAdians have a hard time with change... I recall the hue and
cry over just raising the rent by ten bucks a year... oh my god,
you would have thought that all the ladies of the rose were to be
burned at the stake.    I think the broader issue as seen across
many kingdoms IS change in the bod, change in the society as a
whole...  that is how, in each kingdom list I am on,  the Aveloc
issue has turned to.

whether the man is a saint or a sinner is not for me to say...
what I have seen is a lot of kingdoms examining the way crown
tourney is fought. the way the bod power is wielded..  and even
they way they treat each other...

and that in and of itself is not a bad thing... sometime we need
to sit back and reflect and examine.... and if needed be change
ourselves, and the way we as Gentles treat each other... and if
need be, fix what ain't broke and change even that.  (smiles)  in
spite of the general hue and cry.

now back to sewing for war...
'bella
trimaris