[Ansteorra] <mundane stuff, ignore if you like> Bad experience with Best Buy

Kathryn Norris kati at houston.rr.com
Sat Feb 2 06:24:27 PST 2002

We don't shop at Best Buy anyway.  A few years ago we wanted to buy a
computer (or some other large electronic item) and the only one left of the
brand/type we wanted was a display.  Okay, wrap up the display and sell it
to us.  The store clerk said they couldn't do that.  We asked him to get the
manager and tried again.  No, they couldn't sell the display unit because
someone might want to buy that computer brand/type.  But they didn't have
any others to sell if someone did want to buy it.  We basically threw up our
hands in frustration and left.
We assumed that they didn't really want to sell anything.