[Ansteorra] A Serious Question Raised By The B.O.D.

Lady Simone ui' Dunlaingh simone at elfsea.net
Tue Feb 5 09:38:39 PST 2002

I agree with Sir Burke on this. for the past few months another list I an on
has been discussing this topic at length via the B.O.D.'s suggestion.  I
would like to add. For those who do not know what the B.O.D. is It is The
Board of Directors for the Society. in laymans terms they handle much of the
Mundane running of the Society and it's administrative corporate needs so
that we can play this game.

Currently they need your suggestions and comments to fix what can become a
serious problem for our Society as a whole if a solution is not found. I ask
you all to take a few minutes of your time to take a look at the B.O.D.
proposal. and send in your comments. They will be read and considered your
Opinions very much count on this issue.

This is an Issue that effects each and every one of us. If you ever wanted a
say on how much your membership should be. what you get with your
membership. What subscriptions your should get with your membership. Had an
Idea to help with Society costs this is your Opportunity to do so. This is
your Opportunity to be heard.

So please voice your Opinion to the B.O.D. go Visit the website and Post
your Comments and Suggestion to the Board.

for those who had missed it the website address is"
http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/membershiprestructure.html

In service
Lady Simone Maurian ui' Dunlaingh
simone at elfsea.net

> [...]
rates
> >may need to increase proportionately to any other rate increases that
occur.
> >OPTION 1 - Tournaments Illuminated optional
> >Basic Membership: $35/year 3rd class; $42/year 1st class (Drachenwald and
> >Ealdormere available 1st class only). Includes member's own Kingdom
newsletter.
> >Dependent membership: $15/year (with a family cap of $70/year) -
available
> >only to immediate family members of a Basic member
> >Tournaments Illuminated: $10/year.
> >Additional publications, including any additional Kingdom newsletters and
> >Compleat Anachronist (per publication): $10/year 3rd class; $17/year 1st
class
> >Board Proceedings: $17/year (available 1st class only; includes Board
> >meeting minutes and Society Seneschal's report)
> >OPTION 2 - all publications optional
> >Basic membership: $25/year
> >Dependent membership: $15/year (family cap of $60/year) - available only
> >to immediate family members of a Basic member
> >Publications, including all kingdom newsletters and Compleat Anachronist
> >(per publication): $10/year 3rd class; $17/year 1st class (Drachenwald
and
> >Ealdormere available 1st class only).
> >Tournaments Illuminated: $10/year
> >Board Proceedings: $17/year (available 1st class only; includes Board
> >meeting minutes and Society Seneschal's report)
> >Alternate option for Board proceedings in both Options 1 and 2: Board
> >meeting minutes posted to the SCA web site. In this case the option to
> >subscribe to the Proceedings would be dropped. The Society Seneschal's
> >report would be dropped.
> >Under either of the above options the membership categories would be
> >reduced to two: Basic and Dependent (aka Family).
> >OPTION 3 - A general increase in the price of membership.
> >Membership categories and included publications would remain the same as
> >they are today. The price of each type of membership would increase by $5
> >to $10.
> >OPTION 4 - A significant increase in the number of paid Society members.
> >We are NOT suggesting "pay to play". We would be very interested in
> >suggestions for ways to encourage more of our participants to become paid
> >members of the Society. Obviously, with more paid members to share the
> >costs, each member's share of those costs is reduced.
> >OTHER OPTIONS
> >Other options that have been discussed include reinstating the Non-Member
> >Surcharge, or designating a percentage of the gate from each event to go
> >to the Corporation. Undoubtedly there are many, many other possibilities
> >that have not yet been brought to the table.
> >Again, the Board asks for your comments and suggestions. "Unbundling" the
> >publications from membership and/or increasing the cost of memberships
are
> >undoubtedly not the only options. There may well be other answers.
Nothing